With the first floor walls complete in the western wing, George moved upstairs to reframe the three Inn rooms also in the western wing. After a successful and sunny day, he not only had the walls up but open spaces in the floor filled with original maple hardwood too!
This past week we had terrific volunteer help from Jake and Dirk from SEEDS non-profit along with the steadfast support of Peg and Steve and the long awaited return of Dave. Phyllis traveled from Cadillac to help work on windows and Frank not only crafted a landscape plan for the Inn, he helped with windows too! Happy Thanksgiving indeed!
- For the rest of December (no surprise), we will continue to work on the windows! Did you know there are 34 windows on the exterior of the porch, each with 8 panes of glass that need to be sanded, primed, reglazed, repainted and re-hung. In addition, there are 5 double hung windows with 60 panes of glass in the 10 sashes on the interior of the porch that all require the same treatment. We are done with about a third of them!
- If you would like to help with windows, please email me email@example.com
- a $300 donation from Sandy, $100 donation from Janet and $2000 in pledges. Thank you so very much!
- a couple hours of sunshine this past week!
- terrific volunteers who are willing to work in our heatless Inn.
- our supportive community of Glen Arbor, Empire and beyond.
Become part of the renovation
by making a year end donation!
- You can donate directly on our website sleepingbearinn.org or mail your donation to: BEAR 5248 Glen Haven Rd. Glen Arbor, MI 49636.
REMINDER: Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an item or funds to donate or wish to volunteer at the worksite and THANK YOU we sure appreciate you!